I've neglected my posting duties of late. I blame it on the fact that not a whole lot is going on here in terms of the remodel. I did finish staining our built-in bookshelf while Ted was at corporate. He was able to stain the doors and the case before he left; I took care of the shelves and the detail work. Now all we need is hardware for the doors. We haven't been able to agree on knobs - who knew that doorknobs could be a point of disagreement? Once we get that squared away, we'll post some pictures.
Remodeling activities for the weekend include - Painting! (For some reason, it seems like an ongoing activity). We're going to finish off the kitchen and work our way up the stairs. I think Ted is also going to shorten and stain the handrail in the stairwell.
Next big project - Concrete flooring. Hopefully we can get that started this March.
And for those of you who may be planning a visit soon, we finally got the shower in the guest bathroom fixed. Yes, the plumber did come out and get the valve replaced. And it only took him 2 1/2 months. So when you plan your next trip to Waco, rest assured that you will have your very own bedroom and bathroom to use.
No comments:
Post a Comment