Sunday, December 14, 2008

In Need of Suggestions

I plan on registering for baby items when my parents come out this week, and I would welcome some advice. Specifically, I am wondering what items you found to be most important when you were a new mom, or when your child/children were newborns and infants? In other words, what things were necessities? I find that I am completely clueless when it comes to baby items and could use all the advice I can get. Thanks!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Hmmm . . . there's a lot of stuff that goes along with a baby, but not all is absolutely necessary. The necessities seem to vary from person to person. Of course, everyone needs some receiving blankets (wider ones are better for swaddling) and onesies and lots of cloth diapers to use as burp cloths. Additionally, I found a Boppy absolutely essential. A Bumbo seat is wonderful once the babe hits about four months. I also highly recommend using the kind of car seat that connects to a base and can be taken in and out of the car--so much easier for transporting little babies. A bouncy seat or small swing is nice for the first several months. I also found my Pack n Play extremely useful, but it's a big item so that may not be attractive to you.

I could go on and on. I think I may just have to give you a call soon! :)

Katie Jones said...

Here is my list, though your baby may have different tastes:

boppy
swing/bouncy seat
swaddle blanket (for night)
a mobile (preferrably one that you don't have to keep cranking)
mylicon
avent bottles/paciiers- even if you breastfeed, you may want to pump a bottle so that daddy can help with a night feeding
baby bjorn (sport kind with lumbar support)