We've had a couple of small pillows sitting around our condo, and I've been wanting to do something with them for awhile now. I got the idea that I could make no-sew pillow covers for them using the same pattern my Aunt Anita used for the blanket you see below.
Basically, the blanket is two pieces of fleece that are tied together to make a nice,cozy blanket.
I finally got around to purchasing the fleece I needed a couple of weeks ago (one with a Thomas pattern, the other with a Mater pattern) and made my "prototype."
I didn't think it was bad for a first try, but I didn't get Thomas' face centered on the pillow, and my cuts on the fringe were pretty jagged in places, so I tried again.
I am much happier with the second version. Thomas' face is centered (mostly) on the front and back of the pillow, and my cuts are much better (it's amazing the kind of work you can do with a pair of freshly sharpened scissors and a large 90 degree angle).
Little Ted likes it, too. This morning, he spotted the pillow in our room, decided it was for him, and ran away with it. It has found a new home on his toddler bed.
Now I just need to take apart the first version, cut the fabric I need using the Mater fleece, and put together the second one. I'll be sure to post the end result.
No comments:
Post a Comment