When bedtime rolled around this evening, the 3 Gonzabloggers were relaxing upstairs. I wanted Little Ted to know that it was time to start our nightly routine, so I said,
"It's time to take a b-a-t-h."
Now normally, I don't spell the word. I typically say "bath," and that generally leads to a negative response from the toddler. I didn't want to get him too worked up since he did not get his usual nap today; hence my decision to spell rather than say.
His response:
"No!"
Me: "And what does b-a-t-h spell?"
LT: "Bath!"
At this point, Ted and I looked at each other in surprise and awe. Does our two year old actually know how to spell???
Probably not, but he did a good job of deducing what mom was referring to.
Guess this means we won't be able to do much "spell speaking" in this house when talking about things we don't want Little Ted to know. I'll have to brush up on my Spanish skills or learn Arabic so we have other options!
No comments:
Post a Comment