Monday, March 4, 2013
Valentine's Day
Did you ever see the movie The Red Balloon when you were a kid? Well, at my school, it was a go to on rainy days (along with the animated version of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe). In any event, I sometimes feel that my son is the little boy in that movie. He loves balloons, and he loves to have them trailing behind him wherever he goes.
Because he loves balloons so much, daddy thought it would be a good idea to get him some balloons for Valentine's day, along with a Curious George plush and book (LT's been a Curious George fan lately). I put in the balloon order, and on Valentine's day, we went to the grocery store to pick them up. Never have I seen so many men at the grocery store at one time. Once we fought our way through the crowd, LT got excited because he knew what we were there for. I secured the balloons to our basket and headed to the register while LT blew kisses at the balloon bouquet behind him. He was happy.
These Valentine's balloons have been amazingly resilient. One of them is still flying high in LT's room, and he likes to take it for walks around the house. All in all, it was a good Valentine's day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment