Project flooring began today around 9 am. By 1 pm, our nasty old concrete floor was covered with a thin layer of nice, new, and very wet concrete. Concrete guy was in the middle of smoothing it out when I came to bother him. By 3:30, Concrete guy and his assistant were letting the floor dry out some more before they ventured back in to smooth it out again. I expect that it will have a smooth, glassy appearance when I return this evening.
In the meantime, I am exiled on Baylor's campus, killing time (I mean studying) while Ted is at work. We plan on having dinner in his office, and then we'll creatively come up with a way to get from our front door to our stairs without stepping on the wet concrete. Under normal circumstances, I would be tempted to write my name in it, but for the sake of uniformity, I'll refrain.
No comments:
Post a Comment