Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Blog Vacation

It's been over a month since we've had a chance to post on our blog - or check anyone else's blog for that matter. Here's what's been going on since then:
  • I passed my prelims. It was all very anti-climatic. I went to the Armstrong Browning Library one morning for coffee with the staff. While there, my dissertation director looked at me and said, "By the way, did I tell you that you passed your exams?" No, you did not. But thanks for mentioning it. Now it's time to crank out the prospectus so I can be ABD.
  • My laptop crashed. This is nothing new. I think it's time to upgrade to a new and better model.
  • We celebrated our first wedding anniversary - fancy dinner, fancy cake - the works. It was lovely. And in case you're wondering, the wedding thank yous are on the way. I'm almost finished - really!
  • Ted got a promotion! He is enjoying his new position in the company. The only downside - it requires him to travel a lot, which means we don't see as much of each other as we would like. Hopefully, I will be able to travel with him during the summer.
  • The home remodel continues. We are painting, installing baseboards, and fixing the walls in the downstairs bathroom. Pictures coming soon.
  • I started teaching at the local community college. I am teaching technical communication. I've never taught this kind of course before, so I'm winging it. It's a lot of work, but I'm enjoying it.

That pretty much covers the gap. Now that the blog vacation is over, expect more regular updates.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your home looks beautiful!!!
Your dad is jealous of your fish (yours is bigger than his) and I am mad because you didn't send me any cake.

Love and Hugs,
Mom/aka the other Yolanda Gonzalez

P.S. Ted, your dad wants to know if you are going to mount your fish on the wall. It's quite a thropy. ( :