Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day 10: (Mostly) Completed Nursery

Here are some photos of the baby's nursery. It has been *mostly* completed for over a week now. I was just waiting on one of the "finishing touches" to arrive - the coordinating lampshade - and it finally came in this afternoon.



Ted got the furniture assembled in no time, and, after I cleaned out all the "junk" from the room (which took a LONG time), decorating was a cinch.



Of course, the baby has his own rugby balls already. He's got two that are baby sized, and the one in the crib is a practice ball Ted picked out for himself. I'm sure he's eager to teach the baby some ball skills.



The recliner, which used to be in the living room, was relocated to the baby's room to make space for a pack 'n play (one of the three sleeping spaces) in the living room. As difficult as the recliner was to get upstairs, I don't think it will ever find a home in the living room again.



This is the baby's library. I still need to add the Winnie the Pooh wall decals my parents got for us to this side of the nursery.



Also missing is a Biola baseball cap. Ted had the bright idea of putting baseball hats on the hooks that we used for the wall hangings. We chose a Baylor hat for obvious reasons. The UT hat honors Ted's favorite college football team. And the Biola hat will be in place for my alma mater. Unfortunately, you can't buy Biola baseball caps online (we looked), so we'll have to wait and pick one up the next time we're in So. Cal.

2 comments:

Ma Torg said...

Looks VERY boy! (and cute...but maybe I shouldn't use that word?) (o:

TYGonzalez said...

We think it's cute - and are really proud of our work.