The last week of October was eventful, to say the least. Our AC went out for the second time in as many weeks and Little Ted developed a fever on the same day. The rest of the week was a blur of doctor's appointments and hot, sleepless nights. In the midst of all that "fun," Ted celebrated his birthday. We made the best of it, considering our circumstances. I made him some yummy chocolate croissants (thank you, Julia Child, for demystifying the process) and we enjoyed cupcakes from our favorite local shop.
Unfortunately, the Rangers also lost the World Series that week. :-(
We didn't do much for Halloween, since Little Ted was still recovering from his illness. But Ted did grill up some excellent steaks that Saturday (his birthday dinner), I carved a pumpkin, and Little Ted got to enjoy his Halloween costume.
I bought Little Ted this costume back in September (though he was adamant that he did not want a costume). I tried it on him when we came back from the store, and he wouldn't take it off, proof that mommy really does know best.
No comments:
Post a Comment