Little Ted knows what doughnuts are - they are part of our Saturday morning routine, along with College Game Day and college football (in the fall, at least). But he had never requested them before. Since I was in a rush that morning, doughnuts just so happened to be convenient, so we all indulged.
When I returned from work later that afternoon, the first thing he said to me was, "no-nuts?" This continued all day on Friday, and it wasn't until Friday afternoon that I figured out why he was so keen on doughnuts.
Earlier in the week, we picked up a new Thomas the Tank Engine DVD for Little Ted at Sam's Club. This particular DVD had a bonus episode, and one of the characters mentions his love of doughnuts in the episode. Thank you, DVD, for putting the idea in my son's head.
*On that particular DVD, the engines also prepare for a festival, which leads to a crash involving an engine and a freight car loaded with ice cream. That probably explains Little Ted's request last night for ice cream in place of dinner . . . I guess "food advertising" is as effective on toddlers as it is on adults.
No comments:
Post a Comment